ECD - Digital Media Content and Interactive engagements.
Monthly Salary from HKD80K to 120K based on experience.
Spinifex Group is a design-focused company whose mission is to deliver a seamless interface between creative excellence and technical innovation. Our in house expertise provides a unique offering to our clients, giving us a prime position in the marketplace. Our diverse workload includes providing audiovisual and interactive content and experiential media for events, branding and design, and corporate communications.
We are best known for our bold and adventurous projects, consisting of world class motion and design, delivered through some of the most cutting edge technology. With an excellent global reputation, our projects are varied and require open, innovative and creative thinking, especially because our work finds itself on some of the worlds largest screens and most challenging formats. We made a decision not to follow industry standards but to lead and set our own path aside from the others; this has led to our ongoing success in some of the world’s biggest forums such as the Beijing and Vancouver Olympics, and in delivering the "wow" moments annually for many big brand clients in the trade-show space.
Our global team specializes in creating experience media for high profile Automotive brands, the majority showcasing at the North American, European and Asian International Auto shows; as well as sports and cultural events and large scale Brand launches. Our projects push the technical and creative boundaries, blending interactive and rich media to tell stories and engage audiences.
Leading and growing a team of creative and digital experts to develop the new Spinifex Hong Kong office.
Collaborate with the Managing Director and our regional group CEO and CCO to grow the business and win high profile jobs.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become an integral part of a dynamic team of highly respected and talented individuals. Your valued contribution will play an active role in producing show-stopping work that continuously moves beyond the perceived boundaries of technical capability and creative thinking.
We require candidates with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field, or a similar industry (film, Digital Media, experiential marketing).
Managing a team of designers and drive the creative vision.
Being the main creative point of contact for key clients.
The role also requires to collaborate with our international offices in Australia, USA and Europe, and will include some travels in the Asian region.
If you are passionate about delivering high quality work with enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude, then we would love to hear from you.
You will need proven skills in managing teams, the ability to motivate and inspire people in service of your ideas and an ability to foster positive collaboration across departments. You will have the ability to create ideas with strong purposeful narratives and be expert at articulating those ideas through visual storytelling. Having a clear understanding of how your ideas will come to life in multiple mediums and the ability to craft them yourself when necessary.
Your will need the ability to draw briefs from the Client and manage them throughout the entire project (concept through the delivery). This is a heavily client facing role.
You will possess an open mind to your well rounded approach and a willingness to embrace new and innovative techniques, and adopt a culture of pushing boundaries.
You will be exceptionally talented in the motion, design and story-telling world as well as the interactive experience world, with an ability to be highly conceptual.
You will have proven capabilities of your skills and experience within these arenas and an exceptional portfolio that showcases this.
You will have great management and communication skills, and be comfortable working with multicultural teams and client.
It is expected that you will have first hand experience with motion packages and a solid understanding of what’s possible in the world of motion design and live action visual effects.
Our team works intensively with ADOBE creative suite, Autodesk and C4D software packages.
Experience with interactive productions including AR, VR and MR, as well as Unity is a plus.
Experience on the Asian market and a good understanding of the Chinese business culture will be great.
Spinifex Group Hong Kong is actively seeking a talented Senior Motion Designer to join our unique, bright and enterprising team. We work in a non-conformed world, across a variety of projects and formats in a global market. Pushing our tools to the limit, we are constantly seeking better ways to expand our world-class reputation.
We are looking for someone who’s motion graphics skills are outstanding, and possess a strong design eye, with an intuitive sense of timing and excellent communication skills. You must be able to deliver more than just tricks, and compositing; we are looking for a bit of magic!!!!
You will be collaborating with a team including a Creative Directors and Motion and 3D Designers, encouraged to work unsupervised and contribute more than just movement to a project, you will have the ability to inject clever ideas.
We will expect an open mind and a willingness to soak up our unique culture, and in return you will be able to stamp your skill and talent on a variety of work.
You are a strong communicator and can direct other designers and operators around you; with a smart approach to your work you understand limits when required.
AFX is the heart of our motion department, where we can truly say we are experts with a passion for pushing the boundaries taking our skills to an international stage; this is a “hands on“ role all the way.
Editing and 3D knowledge and experience although not essential would be a welcome bonus.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented motion designer in an environment that rewards excellence; if this sounds like your perfect world we would love to meet you!
- To create and collaborate on the production of 2D motion graphics and 3D animation for the various requirements of the company.
- This includes design, creation of assets, bringing them to life, modeling, animation, editing, outputting and delivering high quality and innovative motion graphic content.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Collaborating with the Senior creatives in producing motion graphic and 3D content
- Where applicable, producing motion graphics and 3D content from concept to delivery
- Working on multiple projects concurrently, balancing time constraints whilst maintaining quality
- Understanding the production pipeline and keeping the deadlines
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and graphical sequences
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge work
- Understanding brands and producing work of a suitable style
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Job Specific Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Strong animation experience and feeling for timing.
- Strong Adobe After Effects skills with demonstrable experience in motion graphics
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Strong creative thinking, exhibiting a range or varied styles and techniques
- Ability to create high quality content from a constrained brief with short deadlines
- Good understanding of video formats, compression techniques and format requirements/constraints
- Experience with customized formats for projections and large screen content
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Good Autodesk Maya or C4D package skills, including modeling, texturing and animation
- Adobe Premiere skills
- Adobe Audition or similar skills
- An artistic background with extensive portfolio
- Experience with a variety of AE 3rd party motion graphic plugins (i.e Trapcode Suite)
- Experience in the event and exhibition industry
- Experience with interactive content creation and tools (Max MSP, Unity, CCC and processing) can be plus